The Power of Peer Networking for Senior-Level Women Leaders
In order for senior-level women to excel in their careers, they must have a robust network of colleagues, sponsors, mentors, and friends who can speak to their achievements, confirm their contributions, and support their advancement. Sounds easy, right? However, according to the Global Entrepreneurship Monitor data and research from Professor Maria Minniti, “women tend to participate in fewer and narrower networks, to have fewer role models…”
Women Supporting other Women
The recent KPMG Women’s Leadership Study found the following when exploring women’s leadership and advancement in the workplace:
- Seven in 10 working women (70%) feel a personal obligation to help more women advance in the workplace, only one-third (33%) have learned to leverage and support other female employees.
- 70% of women ages 18-64 claim, “I am more likely to talk to other women about the challenges around career advancement rather than the opportunities.”
- 82% percent of professional working women believe access to and networking with female leaders will help them advance in their career.
- 76% of working women plan to personally take active steps to help other women advance in their careers.
UPWARD provides a tangible solution to help women build their networks by harnessing the power of peer networking for senior-level women leaders.
UPWARD is a dynamic network of senior-level leaders who believe all women deserve to fulfill their career ambitions at the highest level. UPWARD strives to build a forum for executive women to share ideas, learn, and grow in their careers. It’s also a place to build trusted professional relationships designed to help further their careers and professional development.
In less than three years and predominantly through word of mouth, the impact of UPWARD has spread and thousands of executive women worldwide have joined as evidence that women are hungry for a group that can help them grow and advance professionally.
UPWARD members are senior-level, professional women who are directors, vice presidents, founders, and C-level executives in business and non-profits. Our membership is also made up of executives in professional fields such as a law, medicine, finance, banking, investment, government, and academia.
Our members come from top companies such as Intel, Ernst & Young, Oracle, Microsoft, Bain & Company, Gibson Dunn, Korn Ferry, Credit Suisse, Comcast, Chevron, and Cisco to name a few.
We need your support to help us grow and continue to expand our impact.
Reasons to Sponsor UPWARD
- Access to women business leaders from around the world
- Relationship building and business development opportunities for individuals and organizations
- Connect with executive female talent
- Skill development and leadership development opportunities for your senior-level women leaders
- Joint program collaboration on relevant topics
- Brand association with a respected executive women’s networking group
You’ll be in Great Company!
UPWARD’s sponsors include:
- Navigant Consulting
- Ernst & Young
- Hewlett-Packard Enterprise
- Orrick NYC
- King & Spalding
- GE Ventures
- Gilead Sciences
- Wells Fargo
- Franchise Media Update
- Bank of the West
- Duarte, Inc.
- Credit Suisse
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher
- Kingsley Gate
- Korn Ferry
- Dell Inc.
- Bain & Company
- Morrison Foerster (UK)
- Microsoft (Israel)
- Miller Law Group
- Intentional Futures
- Columbia Tower Club
- Alesco Advisors
- Astia Angels
- Black Duck
- Canadian Consulate
- Ignition Partners
- My Ad Agency
- Norwest Ventures
- PivotNorth Capital
- Saxena Foundation
- SRI International
- The Ravix Group
- The Westly Group
UPWARD Sponsor Feedback
“UPWARD provides meaningful ongoing career development programs and a community of support for women who lead, or seek to lead, their organizations.”
— Partner with Gibson Dunn
“UPWARD allows us the unique opportunity to connect with a powerful network of top female executive talent.”
— Korn Ferry Hay Group
Double Your Donation!